Company Summary –
Succinct is a world-class medical communications agency with offices in the UK and Chicago. Our teams manage and deliver a wide variety of global and regional medical education and publications programmes covering many different therapy areas.
Our clients include the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies through to smaller start-up biotech and medical device companies. We are scientifically driven and passionate about communicating solid and cutting-edge data in a clinically meaningful and commercially sound manner. We work in partnership with our clients to deliver impactful communications at all stages of the product life cycle from pre-launch through to maturity.
At Succinct, we are entirely dependent on our people. Our team are the root of every contract we win, every service we provide and every project we deliver. As a result, we are always on the lookout for the brightest, most enthusiastic and ambitious individuals. We have an uplifting, supportive working environment with plenty of opportunities for collaboration and personal development. If that sounds like the sort of business environment in which you would thrive, then we would love to hear from you.
Succinct are part of the OPEN Health Group
Succinct are the medical communications agency within the OPEN Health Group of healthcare companies. We have the feel and culture of a small agency with all the benefits of being part of a larger group. Our sister companies include:
- OPEN Access (Specialists for the development and delivery of value strategies for medicines, devices and diagnostics)
- LEC (Experts in creative, advertising and brand communications)
- Reynolds Mackenzie (Public relations specialists for the healthcare industry)
- The Earthworks (Experts in award winning digital marketing communications)
- Harvey Walsh (Leading supplier of bespoke IT solutions, healthcare intelligence and consultancy services to the NHS, pharmaceutical and device industries)
- pH Associates (Strategic real-world data consultants)
- Accretio (Specialists marketers focused on brand optimisation and breathing life back into often mature products)
Being part of the OPEN Health Group provides us with many opportunities for collaboration with these other specialist teams, enabling us to leverage skills and experience across all aspects of healthcare communications. Our wide reaching offering is not only of benefit internally in terms of collaboration and training but is also a great benefit to our clients. They can rely on us to put the best team on their programmes for seamless delivery of projects with integrated multi-modal elements.
You will love this role if
- You enjoy working in a fun but busy environment as part of a team of great people
- You like a challenge and are always keen to exceed expectations
- You have a keen interest in science and business
You will be a success if you
- Have great attention to detail and like working with people to build strong working relationships
- Can work to deadlines and are good at prioritising and working with others
- Are proactive in your approach and always thinking ahead
As an Account Executive you will be involved at every stage, from pitch to delivery.
You will be expected to provide support for the day-to-day running of various accounts which will include:
- Co-ordinating status update meetings
- Co-ordinating development of weekly status reports
- Development of client contact reports
- Financial management across accounts
- General administration
- Liaison with creative and science writing teams
- Client liaison
- Contact via email; face-to-face contact as and when required
- Ask questions and seek guidance from line manager on the first draft of client communications, i.e. status reports, contact reports, emails
- Check copy and coordinate sign off
- Brief studio with amends
- Support projects
- Set up kick-off meetings and client status reports
- Attend ZINC training
- With direction, take ownership of elements of a project and be responsible for its delivery
- Actively support other members of the team
- Seek out opportunities for own development, e.g. attend training, read daily health/pharma news alerts, read industry publications
- Attend ABPI, Bribery Act and Good Publications Practice training
- Draft financial paperwork, e.g. invoices, estimates
- Calculate time spent on a project and understand the importance for keeping accurate timesheets
- Understand the hours related to the job
- Get quotes from third-party suppliers
Developing new business
- Perform desk research in support of new business
- Liaise on cross group projects
- Buddy other AEs
- Constantly seek opportunities to help team members
- Get to know the Medical Writers on the accounts and seek an understanding of their role and needs
- Adhere to the Succinct processes and identify areas for refinement/ improvement
- Meet with ‘Meeting & Events’ and ensure clarity on their processes
Key attributes / skills / competencies
- Develop a clear understanding of the disease area associated with each account
- Develop first drafts of:
- Contact reports
- Weekly situation reports
- Agency status reports
- Day-to-day correspondence
- Demonstrate a meticulous eye when checking copy/proofs
- Develop an understanding of the decision making process and the ability to work under pressure.
- Develop maturity and judgement to be able to recognise when there is a problem or error and to handle it openly and effectively.
A great place to work - officially
In 2014, 2015 and 2016 OPEN Health has been recognised as one of the UK’s best places to work.
We attract highly-qualified, passionate and creative professionals. They enjoy developing thought-provoking, practice-changing solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations and shape conversations in complex therapy areas.
we are always keen to hear from highly motivated people who are keen to develop their careers. In return for your skills and commitment, we offer a dynamic and stimulating working environment, and a competitive range of benefits.