Account Handlers for our new Oxford office
Do you have an aptitude for Science?
Are you a talented and creative communicator?
We’re currently looking for talented Account Handlers of all levels, to join our ever growing teams (due to a record breaking 2018!) in our new offices in Oxford. If you have a strong scientific background and are passionate about medical communications, keen to learn about new therapy areas and looking for a dynamic role, we’d love for you to get in touch.
Company Summary - Succinct Medical Communications
Succinct attracts highly-qualified, passionate and creative professionals. The team enjoys challenging convention, pushing the boundaries and delivering bespoke solutions in complex therapy areas.
Succinct has offices in Marlow, London, Newcastle & Oxford. There are fantastic opportunities to work on interesting projects in a variety of therapy areas and sometimes projects span across the OPEN Health family.
You will love this role if
- You enjoy working in a fun but busy environment as part of a team of great people
- You like a challenge and are always keen to exceed expectations
- You have a keen interest in science and business
You will be a success if you
- Have great attention to detail and like working with people to build strong working relationships
- Can work to deadlines and are good at prioritising and working with others
- Are proactive in your approach and always thinking ahead
As an Account Executive you will be involved at every stage, from pitch to delivery.
You will be expected to provide support for the day-to-day running of various accounts which will include:
- Co-ordinating status update meetings
- Co-ordinating development of weekly status reports
- Development of client contact reports
- Financial management across accounts
- General administration
- Liaison with creative and science writing teams
- Client liaison
- Contact via email; face-to-face contact as and when required
- Ask questions and seek guidance from line manager on the first draft of client communications, i.e. status reports, contact reports, emails
- Check copy and coordinate sign off
- Brief studio with amends
- Support projects
- Set up kick-off meetings and client status reports
- Attend ZINC training
- With direction, take ownership of elements of a project and be responsible for its delivery
- Actively support other members of the team
- Seek out opportunities for own development, e.g. attend training, read daily health/pharma news alerts, read industry publications
- Attend ABPI, Bribery Act and Good Publications Practice training
- Draft financial paperwork, e.g. invoices, estimates
- Calculate time spent on a project and understand the importance for keeping accurate timesheets
- Understand the hours related to the job
- Get quotes from third-party suppliers
Developing new business
- Perform desk research in support of new business
- Liaise on cross group projects
- Buddy other AEs
- Constantly seek opportunities to help team members
- Get to know the Medical Writers on the accounts and seek an understanding of their role and needs
- Adhere to the Succinct processes and identify areas for refinement/ improvement
- Meet with ‘Meeting & Events’ and ensure clarity on their processes
Key attributes / skills / competencies
- Develop a clear understanding of the disease area associated with each account
Develop first drafts of:
- Contact reports
- Weekly situation reports
- Agency status reports
- Day-to-day correspondence
- Demonstrate a meticulous eye when checking copy/proofs
- Develop an understanding of the decision making process and the ability to work under pressure.
- Develop maturity and judgement to be able to recognise when there is a problem or error and to handle it openly and effectively.