You will love this role if:
- You are curious about pharmaceutical brands and healthcare – how drugs do what they do, how to differentiate them and how they help people
- You enjoy regular client contact through face to face meetings, phone communication, and providing regular written status reports
- You get a great deal of satisfaction from delivering projects on time and in budget
- You have a high attention to detail, to ensure that quality outputs are delivered to your clients
You will be a success if you are:
- Experienced in life sciences and / or pharmaceutical branding and marketing
- Interested in developing new ideas to bring science and medicine to life
- Able to share your passion and enthusiasm with your clients and colleagues
- A team worker and collaborative
- Keen to learn new skills and explore new therapy areas
- Able to build relationships with clients (external and internal) and value the importance of creating a good rapport
As an Account Manager you will be involved at every stage, from pitch to delivery across advertising, brand building, sales materials, digital projects etc, providing support for the day-to-day running of various accounts, which will include:
Client / Programme Management:
- Efficiently handling straightforward enquiries from clients/suppliers/key opinion leaders, deferring to senior colleagues as appropriate.
- Developing expertise to be able to liaise with Clients direct on own aspects of work.
- Contribute with updates on own projects at Client meetings.
- Adopt a common sense, pro-active approach to own aspects of work.
- Demonstrate a logical, common-sense approach when faced with new situations/projects.
- Develop and adhere to timelines, alerting senior members of the team to issues in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate ability to follow a clear brief.
- Financial management/responsibility for your accounts
- Proactively manage accounts and cover for more senior team members when absent
- Day-to-day contact with client
- Lead status TCs and participate in face-to-face meetings; proactively prepare materials in advance for these meetings
- Have good judgement as to when to seek guidance from more senior team members
- Lead whole projects with supervision
- Check quality of materials before release to clients
- When taking on a new account, fully investigate the history of that account, the client and the product
- Demonstrate continual understanding of therapy area (proactively undertake continual learning of the therapy areas for the products being worked on)
- Drive client priorities
- Communicate resource planning issues to relevant teams/people
- Develop the ability to advise clients and propose solutions, i.e. challenge client thoughts and suggest solutions
- Build relationships
- Lead day-to-day activities on the account
- Be able to coach junior members of the team with their day-to-day work and provide support to improve quality
- Up-manage tasks to senior management
- Proof-read the work of juniors
- Contribute ideas
- Develop own slides
- Go to pitch meetings and present
- Provide support for pitch team
- Work towards being a team manager, demonstrate that the appropriate skills are being developed through the quality of feedback given to juniors and peers
- Have the ability to delegate tasks to others and help manage their time
- Co-ordinate status update meetings
- Co-ordinate development of weekly status reports
- Financial management across accounts
- General administration
- Liaison with creative and science writing teams
- Living the core values of ethical and moral practice, honesty, reliability, integrity, openness, friendliness and professionalism
- Work effectively as a team player within the agency
- Get the best out of the team
- Handle logistical aspects with the support of the Account Director
- Setting up meetings
- Progression of production of materials, including development of production schedules and timelines and participation in briefing meetings with creative team
- Working with administration support to set-up and manage account systems, including finance, filing, referencing, tracking, media monitoring
- Ensure senior team members are kept abreast of relevant developments and that advice/input from senior team members is sought as appropriate.
- Handle client requests
- Keep within agreed budgets and track spend/financial status of projects for which specifically responsible.
- Comply with Company systems (i.e. completing accurate timesheets).
- Attend monthly billing meetings to acquire an understanding of the processes involved.
- Live core values of ethical and moral practice, honesty, integrity, openness, friendliness and professionalism.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times about Company business.
- Identify gaps in relation to personal knowledge and skills base and agree a personal development plan with Account Director
- Through Company resources, keep abreast of the healthcare environment.
Key attributes / skills / competencies
- Develop a clear understanding of the disease area associated with each account
- Develop first drafts of:
- contact reports
- weekly situation reports
- agency status reports
- day-to-day correspondence
- Demonstrate a meticulous eye when checking copy/proofs
- Develop an understanding of the decision-making process and the ability to work under pressure.
- Develop maturity and judgement to be able to recognise when there is a problem or error and to handle it openly and effectively.