Harvey Walsh is the leading healthcare informatics and patient outcomes agency working successfully across the NHS, Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Industries. We are experts in understanding real world data and how it can be harnessed to improve patient outcomes and provide the insights and evidence the NHS requires. Our data warehouse, AXON 360, is the most powerful and comprehensive data warehouse of NHS healthcare available, including Hospital Episodes Statistics and a variety of other data sets. Together with our Primary Care Insights database (powered by THIN data) we undertake complex analyses providing insights across healthcare systems.
As our database administrator you’ll be working with SSIS and SQL Server to produce automated import/export routines and provide a key point of contact for discussion & implementation regarding query writing/optimisation to other staff including the development team. Working with SSAS to maintain and help develop OLAP cubes such as Tabular.
- To provide data analysis and interpretation of healthcare data via SQL
- To provide in-depth knowledge of SQL queries including writing, indexing, optimisation and best practice
- To provide a working knowledge of Excel including pivot tables, cell calculations/functions
- To import data extracts from MS SQL Server to MySQL
- To work under their own initiative to provide data insights as well as part of the data analyst team
- To work along-side our development team to provide support and data expertise
- To manage the overall structure of the data warehouse databases including import/export processes and data accuracy.
- Ensure all data imported and produced are factually correct and meet the requirements of the data specified
- Ensure all data import tasks are produced are delivered within pre-agreed timelines to meet the specification
- Ensure all specifications received are factually correct, understandable and appropriate regarding the data or action requested
- To continue to improve the data warehouse and make suggestions about how processes could be added to.
You’ll be a success if you are:
- Have previous experience of utilising SSIS to create and manage import/export routines.
- Previous experience with SSAS specifically around OLAP cubes, MDX and DAX queries.
- You’re able to adapt to changing priorities and effectively use teamwork skills to interact and collaborate on alternative approaches to issues.
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both listening and verbal.
- Be able to work both individually and as part of a team. Have good time keeping skills and be confident to interact with customers from time to time