OPEN Health is a healthcare communications and market access group, made up of specialist, best-in-class businesses, that individually are experts in their own fields.
Seven counties, 3 continents and over 500-people strong, we work with almost all of the world’s top 40 pharmaceutical companies, as well as many device, diagnostic and healthcare delivery organisations; from small start-ups to major multinationals at a UK, regional and global level.
The role of Global Business Director will have a focus on new and current business, including how we continue to grow our target clients.
You will love this role if you:
- are a specialist in healthcare, passionate about this ever-evolving industry
- love to sell - particularly services and ideally in a complex or diverse environment
- identify and solve challenging commercial issues, drawing on your strong business acumen
- are a strong collaborator - able to achieve results through and with the people you work alongside
You will be a success if you:
- Possess a sound understanding of and can sell onto the healthcare / pharma industry
- Can bring an understanding of agency environments, where your knowledge has touched on a mix of brand comms, med comms, patient engagement, digital, PR, healthcare informatics, market access, and real world evidence.
- Build great relationships with people and add value
- Have a flexible attitude, are self-motivated and can work to deadlines
- Are systematic, logical, thorough and precise
- Have an enquiring mind and are solution orientated
- Have strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Are a good team worker
- Are well organised, have excellent time management and project management skills
- To work with each of our 4 OPEN Health practices to create selling opportunities – in particular sourcing and following up on new business opportunity leads.
- To work with Procurement (globally and regionally) to ensure the environment for OPEN Health is a good one – focus on. MSAs in place, PSL membership, etc.
- Leading procurement relationships with key clients.
- CRM to drive visibility of brand client contacts and recent connections and named OPEN Health lead for each client / prospect.
- To take an active role in our CLIENT LEADERSHIP programme – responsibility for a number of our key clients.
- To lead the Client Leadership programme with key clients, driving visibility of brand client contacts and recent connections and named OPEN Health lead for each client / prospect.
- To drive cross-practice initiatives with key clients.
- To work with and maximise opportunities with our Director of Oncology and our Director of Rare Disease.
- To drive appropriate selling / networking opportunities: events, conferences, symposia
- Specific revenue targets will be set for clients and projects.
- Contribute to the continuing achievements of OPEN Health through the successful delivery of projects to agreed standards and timelines
- Maintain thorough working records of all project activities
- Attend regular internal team meetings to facilitate a collaborative approach to all projects
- Maintain quality and accuracy in all project activities
Key attributes / skills / competencies:
- Strong knowledge and experience of pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in similar business to OPEN Health
- Advanced IT skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint essential
- Car owner with full driving licence
This is an exciting opportunity for an industry professional, keen to continue the success story enjoyed by OPEN Health thus far. There will be plenty of scope to further develop the role and be a significant contributor to our continued growth. Please contact Helen Burns HelenBurns@openhealth.co.uk for a confidential conversation about this role and your career.