Company Summary – pH Associates
Established more than 18 years ago, pH Associates (an OPEN Health company) are recognised as a leading healthcare consultancy in Real World Evidence (RWE).
Our team of high calibre experts work in strategic partnership with the pharmaceutical industry, healthcare providers and academia to design and implement scientific projects that use real world data to drive improvement in healthcare delivery and patient care.
At pH, our people are very important to us. We recognise that without our talented team we couldn’t offer our clients the world-class service they have come to expect. We therefore invest in our staff and offer a dynamic and stimulating working environment that allows each person to develop and shine.
This is an exciting time for us, as our company is experiencing significant growth as we expand our services across Europe and globally. We are currently looking for talented and passionate statisticians/data analysts to join our growing team and to support us on the next stage of our journey.
As a statistician/data analyst, you will apply your statistical and analytical expertise to help design and execute robust real world studies that fit the needs of our clients and the wider healthcare environment. You will provide vital input into study design, data analysis and the creation of data collection tools, liaise with clients and support the delivery of high quality scientific deliverables, such as study protocols, reports, manuscripts and posters.
You will love this role if you:
- Want to apply your statistical and analytical knowledge and expertise to solve real world healthcare problems and contribute towards research that will help improve patient care.
- Want to be able to learn and apply your knowledge across a variety of disease and therapeutic areas.
- Want to establish yourself as a valued part of a growing and dynamic team with a strong heritage of being best in class in the real world evidence arena.
- You are client focussed and are passionate about the delivery of high quality real world research to really make a difference.
- You thrive in a fast paced, dynamic and client focused consultancy environment.
You will be a success if you:
- Have excellent time management and project management skills.
- Have excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude, and ability to self-motivate.
- Are an effective problem-solver, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Are systematic, logical, thorough and precise.
- Enjoy multi-tasking and are able to work to deadlines.
- Are able to quickly grasp new concepts.
- Are a strong proactive team worker.
What will you be responsible for?
- Providing your analytical, statistical and methodological expertise within our multidisciplinary project teams to help address research questions and solve problems.
- Developing study analysis plans in line with project objectives and undertaking data analysis for a variety of RWE projects.
- Creating appropriate data collection materials and data collation tools to support the collection of high quality data and to ensure accurate and efficient analysis and reporting of results.
- Providing statistical and methodological input into the development of study protocols in line with project objectives, such as sample sizes and statistical methods.
- Attending client and investigator meetings to discuss data and present results.
- Contributing to study reports and performing quality checks on reports produced by other members of the team.
- Supporting the presentation and dissemination of data by contributing to the drafting of scientific deliverables such as abstracts, posters and manuscripts.
- Working closely with the pH project team to understand project objectives and timelines to assist in the delivery of projects from start to finish.
- Assisting with client liaison as a representative of pH, to ensure successful project delivery.
- Maintaining thorough working records of all project activities.
- Attending regular internal team meetings to facilitate a collaborative approach to all projects.
- Maintaining quality and accuracy in all project activities, following pH Standard Operating Procedures.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Relevant experience (academic or industry) of data analysis and reporting.
- Basic statistical knowledge.
- Advanced IT skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience of presenting data in a variety of formats, appropriate to different audiences e.g. reports, presentations.
- An understanding of the principles of data management, including electronic data capture.
- (Good) knowledge and understanding of clinical terminology.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Experience of working in healthcare, either in the NHS, a CRO, Pharma industry or academia.
- Understanding and experience of healthcare data collection methodologies – audit, service evaluation and research.
- Knowledge of statistical software packages including Stata and R.
- Experience of statistical methods and concepts applicable to observational research (e.g. sampling, matching, bias, predictive modelling).
- Knowledge of health-related information systems and national healthcare datasets such as HES, CPRD, national registries.