Medical Writers for the new Oxford team
Do you have an aptitude for Science?
Are you a talented and creative communicator?
We’re currently looking for talented medical writers of all levels, to join our ever growing teams (due to a record breaking 2018!) in our new offices in Oxford. If you have a strong scientific background and are passionate about medical communications, keen to learn about new therapy areas and looking for a dynamic role, we’d love for you to get in touch.
Company Summary – Succinct Medical Communications
Succinct offers fully comprehensive medical communications capabilities across the product life-cycle, at a strategic and operational level.
We attract highly-qualified, passionate and creative professionals. They enjoy challenging convention, pushing the boundaries and delivering bespoke, game-changing solutions in complex therapy areas. Always thinking beyond communication and education, our goal is to motivate and inspire our audiences.
Succinct has offices in Marlow, London, Newcastle & Oxford. While there is a flat structure, there is the opportunity to work on interesting projects in a variety of therapy areas. Sometimes the projects span across the OPEN Health family.
We are currently a business of 80 people and growing.
You will love this role if you:
- Have a strong scientific background and are passionate about medical communications
- Are keen to learn about new therapy areas and are able to critically appraise published information to underpin your understanding
- Are looking for a dynamic role involving interaction with a range of internal teams, clients and scientific experts
You will be a success if you:
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can communicate complex scientific ideas in an accurate and innovative way
- Are able to work under pressure, independently and as part of a team to deliver high-quality work
To work within the scientific services team to:
- Ensure that quality control is paramount within all materials produced across the business
- Develop written materials (for subsequent review by Lead / Senior Medical Writer) in line with client requirements (internal/external), timelines, Succinct editorial policy, ABPI Code of Practice and key product messages
- May include editing as well as writing
- Ensure all written material is:
- Appropriately pitched
- On brief when delivered
- Delivered on time
- Fully referenced and, where applicable, abides by the ABPI Code of Practice
- Attend conferences / advisory board meetings with Lead / Senior Medical Writer and develop first draft of report for review
- Coordinate effectively and efficiently with appropriate members of the Succinct team
- Ensure line manager and accounts team, where appropriate, are continually updated on project progress
- Develop an understanding of the various client brand and disease areas
- Undertake or direct research into therapy areas, as needed
- Liaise with authors / advisors (including attending face-to-face meetings), with the support of a Lead / Senior Medical Writer
Key attributes / skills / competencies
- Work within the Succinct core values at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interpret and fulfil client briefs in a creative and technically accurate manner
- Sound understanding of science and medicine, the healthcare environment and the Medical Education industry
- Some knowledge of the publishing industry
- Able to seek out, critically appraise and appropriately cite published information
- Attention to detail
- Willingness / ability to learn and apply new skills and new scientific / therapeutic / regulatory information
- Adaptability / flexibility
- Good project management skills
- Able to multitask and prioritise; excellent time management skills
- Plan, organise and complete multiple tasks and deal with changes in project timings and specifications
- Manage workload in line with the changing demands of the business