Scientific Consultant, RWE
Overview: To be responsible for the writing of technically accurate, scientific deliverables in association with colleagues to meet client needs and regulatory requirements. Including, but not limited to, study protocols, reports, manuscripts, abstracts and posters.
1. Understand the current the healthcare environment and the commercial objectives of our clients to be able to be able to take a brief from clients or colleagues enabling the development of robust study protocol.
2. Understand study protocol and results to be able to identify key themes or messages to produce technically and grammatically accurate documents (reports, manuscripts, abstracts and posters) within appropriate timelines.
3. Review, edit, reference and format documents written by colleagues as required.
4. Manage written documents throughout review and approval process, internally and externally.
5. Liaise with authors, advisors, clients and colleagues to identify suitable journals and publications for work to be published. Manage contributors and obtain appropriate approvals within timelines.
6. Support colleagues by conducting literature & environmental reviews as required.
7. Work according to industry standards & requirements as well as within company SOPs.
1. Contribute to the continuing achievements and annual targets of pH.
2. Attend regular internal team meetings to facilitate a collaborative approach to all projects.
3. Maintain thorough working records of all project activities.
4. Support colleagues with any additional ad hoc activities as required.
- Experience of writing scientific documents within a healthcare research or Pharma
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and industry standards
- IT literate – strong working knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint essential to be able
to produce accurately formatted and creative (where appropriate) documents
- Good basic clinical understanding and experience across a range of specialties
- Knowledge of scientific publishing industry
Science Graduate or relevant healthcare qualification
- Car owner with full driving license
- Strong communication and relationship building skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Adaptable with a positive, “can do” attitude
- Well organised, ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines